Saturday, September 14, 2019

MKV - dual or multi audio in a singe video file

MKV is one the famous video format for the movie watchers/collectors online.
WIKI says The Matroska Multimedia Container is a free, open-standard container format, a file format that can hold an unlimited number of video, audio, picture, or subtitle tracks in one file.

I am fan of the following feature. You can choose the audio language during play back. It work cools on vlc player. This would avoid creating or downloading multiple times say if we want a movie in Tamil as well as English.

I was really surprised why YouTube or vimeo did not adopt to such kind of player. That can play multiple audios/language. Maybe it will come in future some day.  Currently we have only different language subtitles for one video with single audio track. The future is single video with multiple audio tracks. This could be a boon for video creators.

It would be nice to have a player like this below.  In this below player click the headphone icon -- you can change the lang of video ENGLISH or SPANISH.

https://paellaplayer.upv.es/demos/multi-audio-tracks/

You could create a such a video. But we need a player(as above) to play such video on the web or our website. I still have not figured out how to add paella player to my site.

On a side note. How do we create a such a video. It is easy. There is a tool called MKVToolNix GUI.

Sooner or later YouTube will have this feature.

Okay. more later. Tata.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Last Post !! Moved to new site

As I am getting old 😋, it seem like I can not remember many of my earlier tech encounters. This is the place I was logging so that I refer ...