Saturday, September 14, 2019

Awesomeness of ffmpeg

ffmpeg is a powerfuly CLI tool. It has helped me many times. Assuming that it is installed.

Question: How to covert a video file to an audio file using ffmpeg in Linux

$ ffmpeg -i input-video.mp4 output-audio.mp3
$ ffmpeg -i input-video.mp4 output-audio.wav 

Note: Supports most of the audio formats.

Question: How to increase the audio quality or amplfying the audio in a video  using ffmpeg.

$ ffmpeg -i 'input-video.mp4'  -vcodec copy -af "volume=30dB" 'output-video-30db.mp4'

set volume appropriately as 10/20/30/40 DB depeding on how much audio you need to amplify in your input-video file. This works amazing well. You would not believe it.

Tata, See you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Last Post !! Moved to new site

As I am getting old 😋, it seem like I can not remember many of my earlier tech encounters. This is the place I was logging so that I refer ...