Monday, December 10, 2018

Time synchronization issues in Dual boot Linux Mint/Ubuntu and Windows

I have always used to have the network time in my Linux Mint 19 or Windows 8. However when I switch between Linux and Windows[or vice versa] the time gets modified and wrong time would show up. This Time synchronization issues in Linux Mint/Ubuntu which can be solved by the following simple task.

Steps.
1. Use your favorite editor to edit the file as root [If file not found create a new one]. I am using xed here.

sudo xed /etc/adjtime

2. Make the file looks as below. For me, I had only the first line. I created the next two line and saved it.

0.0 0 0.0
0
LOCAL


3. Reboot!

The issues exactly what is happening in the background is very well explained in this reference article.

References: https://www.techgainer.com/fix-windows-showing-wrong-time-in-linux-windows-dual-boot-system/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Last Post !! Moved to new site

As I am getting old 😋, it seem like I can not remember many of my earlier tech encounters. This is the place I was logging so that I refer ...