Saturday, February 13, 2016

Connect to [faster] internet via Intranet machine

Hi Folks,

Good to see you  you see it again. Let's get to the point straight. This procedure can help you in two ways. 
  • You are on a LAN where your machine don't have a Internet and say you know a machine which has(Of course you need your credentials) .
  • You are on a LAN. Say your internet speed sucks. Say the other machine has a faster speed. 


Section 1: Proxy config 
All the snapshots are from Ubuntu. It can be done for other Linux Distro's or Windows as well.
Note:- Port number in Section 1.4 and Section 2.3 must match





Section 2. Putty config

Install Putty if you don't have it already.





Thanks to Satya Ivvv


No comments:

Post a Comment

Last Post !! Moved to new site

As I am getting old 😋, it seem like I can not remember many of my earlier tech encounters. This is the place I was logging so that I refer ...