Skip to main content

Twitter, In short

I know that i am blogging  after a long time.okay anyway, I present here the details about the History of twitter and its founders which i read recently. Jack Dorsey  along with two other( Evan Williams & Biz Stone) were the founders of twitter, one of the fast growing and/or Popular website for social networking. Remember Williams,the key person in the making of blogger.com (which later acquired by Google). In fact the term *blog*  came into existence after this blogger.com. It was out when he was in Pyra Labs. Stone was author of : "Blogging: Genius Strategies for Instant Web Content and Who Let The Blogs Out? ". Coming back about Twitter, Initially their choice of name for this micro-blogging site was twttr (inspired from the name flickr). But at-last they landed on twitter. It means burst of information or chirps from birds. When they started first Obvious Corporation was their company name. It took two week for Dorsey to develop a prototype for twitter. Twitter is popular in US and other western counties via SMS. Hence the constrain of 140 characters still exists. In India I heard only Airtel support twitter. The famous status question was changed  from "What are you doing ?" to "What's Happening?" in end of 2009.

twitter was affected heavily by large number of users during this month http://status.twitter.com/post/704415654/network-maintenance-june-16th-13-00-14-30-utc
edited June 17, 2010

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Debian and it's love ...!

I have been using a lot of Linux/based distribution during my UG days. It all started with installing solaris on my 512MB RAM machine after an installation demo by CSE seniors(Krithika, Balachandran and others) . Then, I went on to Ubuntu, Fedora, OpenSUSE, Debian for reasons during my project work. Of all, my Favorite is Debian for their less memory or/and power consumption with simple neat looks. 

During my PG days I installed Ubuntu 14.04 and were using for the past 2 years (almost). Now that I wanted to get back to my fav Debian and went into so many issues which I haven't faced during those days. Moreover, hardware/software itself got too complicated with BIOS/UEFI/Legacy mode/Safeboot/Fastboot/Win8/Win10. 

Objective, I wanted to replace Ubuntu with Debian and still use it a dual boot alongside windows. Specs: Debian 8.4, Dell Inspiron 3000 series, I7, 8GB RAM

Initial steps 
0. To live boot F12 key at boot, I have to choose boot from pendrive under Legacy option in boot menu opti…

How to install themes on Ubuntu/Debian

Well well! This is my first Linux How TO.





If you get bored of looking at you default desktop theme and wallpaper then here is my suggestion. Now , I am going to demonstrate u how to change ur Linux(mostly all distros but i tried in Debian/Ubuntu) into a colorful looking one. As i have already installed my favorite collection (Slickness theme-MashupMaXo icons-minimalisticea wallpaper). I would demonstrate to you with a simple collection

For this tutorial i have used the following
Darker theme
Erectus icons
minimalisticea wallpaper

Download list
Download from here for Debian/Ubuntu (gnome-look.org/www.debian-art.org)
1.Download GTK themes (panel color & look of each window)
2.Download icons (for iconic view of folder/disks)
3.Download wallpapers (obvious)
4.Download GDM theme (for login screen)

Procedure
1.Downloaded GTK theme package.
2.Right click on desktop select change background. Select theme tab and click install select the downloaded theme pakage
3.After installation success.select the…

Configure IITM's CSE Department mail on Andriod

Going to follow K.I.S.S policy. DIY seeing snapshots below. That's it. Thanks! 
Caution: Don't change any default ports.. Just edit the server and security type alone as below. Email-ID = DCF_USERNAME@cse.iitm.ac.in
Step 1- Open Gmail App> Settings>Add account>  IMAP/POP3>Email-ID/Password > IMAP  (I have choosen IMAP. But it should naturally work  for both)
Step 2(In settings)- Email ID > Password>csemail.iitm.ac.in > SSL/TSL (Accept all cert).
Step 3(Out settings)- Email ID> Password>csemail.iitm.ac.in > STARTTLS (Accept all cert)

P.S.
K.I.S.S - (Keep It Simple Stupid) 
DIY - (Do It Yourself)